Conflicts of Natural Resources and Agrarian both sectors of mining, plantation, forestry and other sectors do not seem to go down from year-resistance. For example, conflicts in oil palm plantations in Palm Data Wacth in 2010 has doubled compared to 2009. According to Oil Analysis Wacth Regulation of the Minister of Agriculture No. 26 / Permentan/OT.140/2/2007 has increased the risk of agrarian conflict in the area of oil palm plantations. “First, change the boundaries of each company’s extensive oil palm plantations in the province from 20,000 hectares to 100,000 hectares. Second, the regulation states, if the three-year land acquisition permit holder does not exceed 50 percent, permission will be revoked. That makes the company raced to free their land by all means.
Agrarian conflict in 2011 is expected to increase. “Moratorium on issuance of new permits in Indonesia-Norway cooperation will not reduce the agrarian conflict in the area of oil palm plantations. Because the government has issued licenses for the principle of the forest area covering 26 million hectares. While palm oil plantations has been realized that the new 9 million hectares. There are still 15 million hectares of forest that can be converted to oil palm and it will inevitably lead to a new agrarian conflicts.
Based on data from the Forestry Department who conducted the analysis in the forest villages in 17 provinces found Of the 38 565 villages covered by the activities of the identification of villages in and around forest areas, there are 9103 villages in and around forest areas (23.60 percent ) while the remaining 29 462 villages (76.40 percent) are outside the forest area. Based on the deployment of the main functions of the village forest area, most of the villages located in a protected forest area (9.44 percent).
National network of organizations such as SW, HuMA, JKPP, KPSHK, KPA and JATAM have built a joint initiative to build a database of the governance of the people, konfik PA-PSDA is equipped with a map of the distribution. The results of this initiative has resulted in webgeodatabase (www.geodata-cso.org) version 0.2.
Geodata CSO, is a spatial-based data regarding the conflict of Natural Resources Management and Agrarian. CSOs are incorporated in this Geodata as Participatory Mapping Network, HuMA, Palm Wacth Society, the Consortium for Agrarian Reform (KPA), Forest Supporting Democracy Consortium (KPSHK), Mining Advocacy Network.
Link Geodata-CSO : http://geodata-cso.org/